Cdes header

College of Design

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

End of the Semester

Well, the holiday break is upon us and it's time to relax, reflect, and prepare. It seems like this semester flew by in a flash. I've made it through my family gatherings, and now I must prepare for the AIAS Forum in Phoenix. Forum is a international conference held annually over New Year's. Last year, Forum was held in Toronto, Canada. Two years ago, our chapter hosted it in Minneapolis, which was very exciting!

Over one thousand students from around the world attend this conference. Each day consists of workshops, tours of buildings and firms, design competitions, seminars, and famous keynote speakers. Evenings are spent mingling with other students and professionals in the hotel or out on the town. On New Year's Eve, there is a Beaux Arts Ball. This year the theme is celebrating the 1920's so flappers and feathers are a must!

Since I am president of the Minnesota AIAS Chapter, I will be attending a lot of meetings and presenting a seminar about Freedom by Design. In addition to those meetings, I was appointed to serve on a national committee, the 2011-2012 AIAS Elections Committee, which will keep me pretty busy.

Follow me on Twitter @HollyEngle to get the latest updates from Phoenix!

Holly Engle
Architecture, B.S.