Cdes header

College of Design

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Livin' the Dream

Hello Future Leaders/Architects,

I'm sure you are wondering who I am, how I got here, and where I plan to go in life. Well, a long time ago in a land not far from here, I, Holly Engle, attended the University of Minnesota Duluth. While surviving the bitter, cold tundra north of Minneapolis, I realized my true passion in life was architecture. After finally transferring to Minneapolis, I wanted to do things "right," so I took the initiative to utilize the University of Minnesota's resources. I met with career counselors, my advisor, and faculty, and joined the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS). Okay that last bit about the architecture club is kind of ironic; I was intrigued by the t-shirts so I joined. All in all, my first year at the University of Minnesota was instrumental in shaping who I am today.

Since my first year, I have held a myriad of titles including Student Representative for the Marcy-Holmes Neighborhood Association, Environmental Intern for the Seward Neighborhood Group, Intern for the Women's Environmental Institute, Y-Tutors Coordinator, and Vice President of AIAS-MN. In my last year of being an architecture undergrad, I have been elected President of AIAS-MN. Through this position, I have obtained an Internship at Cuningham Group and met many Minnesota professionals and College of Design faculty. Pro Tip: don't forget to network.

As of now, I am looking outward toward "real" life or graduate school. In addition, I am always looking for another way to make a difference. Maybe I should run for Student Senate. You only have one life, right?

Ta ta for now,

Holly Engle
IMG_5546.JPG