Cdes header

College of Design

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Greetings All!

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for blogging1.jpg

I'm Ashley, 19 years old, and a Minnesota native. I'm a pre-interior design student in the College of Design at the University of Minnesota. I'm a sophomore here at the U, and this is my first year studying interior design. (So far, so good!)

Interior design is something I've always loved, and something I've had a passion for especially in the last 3 years of my life. I think what I love most about interior design is how it incorporates problem solving with creativity. I also love that after graduation I'll have many different career options.

In addition to being a student, I also have a work-study position in the Student Services office of the College of Design, which I absolutely love! I work as an office assistant for the College to Career Program that is especially great because I complete a wide variety of tasks during each shift.

Last year I lived in Pioneer hall, or "Pio" as us students call it. It's a dorm located on the east bank's "superblock". Living in the dorms was a great experience (especially as a freshman), because it gave me a chance to meet new people and slowly transition from home life to college life. This year I am living in my first apartment! It's a huge transition from being at home or in the dorms, but at the same time, I really enjoy the change of pace and new atmosphere.

What more can I say? Obviously I have a strong interest in interior design, but in addition to that, I'm also a lover of fashion! I love love LOVE shopping and reading fashion magazines. I also enjoy DIY projects, art, baking, reading, movies, photography, and random adventures with friends.

That's all for now, but you'll hear from me soon!